Considerations for a life -- a lay monastic meditation
- Be With God Alone. What we know of God is revealed by God’s creation, all of creation. Therefore, attend to creation.
- Be wholeheartedly listening. God is nameless. Listen in silence for the sound and presence of God. Every voice, every sound, every face is our contemplation and attention of God.
- Be still, and pray continuously, with each being and all creation. Receive grace and truth with simplicity and humility. Let the loving light and the compassionate attention of the Christ and the Bodhisattva surround and shine through.
- Be gratefully with what is near. We suffer each other, and we love each other. Here is God’s home. Be what is here. Become God’s presence.
- Be Alone With God. Solitude is how we engage What-Is-God. When with God we are with everyone.